- In a skillet, cook hamburgers until done. Set aside burgers on a plate.
- Add onions to pan drippings in pan. Saute until translucent.
- Add mushrooms to onions. Saute until onions begin to caramelize and mushrooms are completely cooked.
- Remove onions and mushrooms and set aside.
- In the pan, melt butter. Add flour. Saute until butter has melted and flour has absorbed all butter.
- Slowly begin adding in beef broth little by little. Stir flour into broth to prevent lumps. Mix in remaining broth.
- Add Worcestershire sauce to gravy and mix.
- Cook 2 minutes to allow gravy to thicken.
- Add hamburger, onions, and mushrooms back in skillet. Cook until desired gravy thickness stirring occasionally.
Recipe courtesy of Katie Crenshaw